Rhondasturf

Friday, November 03, 2006

Had a doctor's appt today

And I'm proud to say that I am doing good. The appt. was with Helena, the PA at Dr. Liljenquists' office (the diabetic doctor). I have had a cough for a little over a week and had a scratchy throat with the stuffies (which I'm over) so Helena sent me over for a chest xray (she also heard a little crackling in my left lower lung) but everything was just fine and I didn't need--as of right now--the antibiotics that she wrote a prescription for me today at the office. She wanted to make sure that I didn't have the starts of pneumonia and so did I.

I haven't been able to get adjusted to my Byetta pen (10 mcg) as well as I was with the 5 mcg because I get really pucky sick after about 30 minutes to an hour after I eat. Helena gave me some suggestions as to how to combat that and I am willing to try anything. She told me to try to just take 5-6 bites and then eat again in about 3 hours. This will be an adjustment for me but like I said--I'm willing to try anything at this point.

I am trying to watch what I eat also and am trying to get the exercise that I need. It's always a constant battle with me but hopefully soon I will get it all figured out.

Well off for now cause its just Alex and I downstairs and he will try to escape if I'm not paying close attention. The story of my life. hehehehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home