Rhondasturf

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Woo Hoo--I'm starting to get my sugars under control

They aren't there yet but I am doing most of what I have to in order to get them down. I was started on just a little insulin (at bedtime) to help and hopefully that will be just what I need. I do feel better when they are down more where they need to be but I have had such a bad time of getting them under control. I am still on the Byetta pen and it does take some getting used to stretching the food (or slower eating, whichever you want to say it) so that I don't get the really, really sick feeling with it.

I went to my cardiologist, Dr. Gorman, last week for a check-up and got basically a clean bill of health. I thought that it would be a good idea since I hadn't been for 1 1/2 to 2 years. I really should have been in there right after I got out of the hospital last year but.......well........I know, I know bad girl, bad girl.

Ok now onto my grandkids--poor little Alex, he fell last Friday and cut his chin open requiring 3 stitches. Besides that, he had a rash on his private area and got his flu shot while we were there. I felt so sorry for this little guy. He just cried and cried and made Aunt Angel and grandma just cry with him. We go tomorrow to get his stitches out and I can't wait because he's driving us crazy. He has hit them a few times and just cries sooooo hard afterwards. All we can do is to just love on him.

We take Thomas "TJ" in to get his 5 year old shots tomorrow also. Man I just can't believe that he is 5 already. On his birthday we just kinda stayed around the house mostly but did go to the store and got stuff for his cake and dinner then came home and Angel did his cake. Brian and Nikki came to the store with us and were here for dinner.

We just got Jason's school pictures back today and they are just wonderful. Thomas' were also. Jason just has a photogenic smile and presence about him that he just amazes me sometimes. He acts like he's much older than he really is.

I will be busy tonight and tomorrow getting the house clean and things done for turkey day on Thursday. We are doing it here at our house with Brian and Nikki. Brian is going to cook a turkey also and do a green been casserole.

Well to everyone I wish a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home