Rhondasturf

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

HI I'M BACK FROM THE HOSPITAL

I have spent the past 3 weeks in the hospital with pneumonia. I went in the night of Nov. 1st because I just knew I had it but from there, I had NO IDEA just HOW SICK I would get. I went up to the 5th floor that night and then from there on for 3-4 days I have NO recollection of because I was that sick. I was told I was put on a bi-pap machine, and a C-pap before that, to force the air back into my lungs because my O2 sats were that bad. My husband, George, stayed with me one night and Angel stayed with me 2 nights before I went to ICU and then another night when I was in my room on the 4th floor. George is a work-a-holic so for him to take the time off, I was really bad.

My cardiologist came in and saw me on the 5th floor, looked at my chart, then became very mad and told them to get me down to ICU NOW--I have been told all this by several people. I started remembering about the time they took me to ICU and have known everything from then on. I even had to do a Transesophegeal Echocardiogram (TEE)--a test that enables doctors to obtain images of the heart from inside the esophagus. They had to put me out completely b/c I was having a tough time with it before making a decision to for sure have it.

I am still very weak but everyday gets better. I finally got to come home yesterday Nov. 21st and I feel glad to be well enough to come home to my family. I have missed them terribly as they did me.

Well I am closing for now but will post later when I have more time.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back!! Take care of yourself now :)

    Cindi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home